🤠 Who We are
Leadjet was launched a little over a year ago by 2 co-founders from X-HEC (David, CEO & Romain, CTO).
As we received a lot of positive feedback and were able to market the product effectively, Leadjet got sufficient growth and traction to be able to advance without having to raise funds.
Leadjet serves over 1000 companies as clients (i.a. Google, Uber, Spendesk, Mirakl or OpenClassrooms) and partners with major CRM companies such as Salesforce and HubSpot.
The team is currently composed of 20 people from various backgrounds. Here are the flags of all the nationalities represented in the team!
🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇹🇷 🇷🇺 🇵🇱 🇮🇩 🇪🇬 🇺🇸 🇧🇷 🇲🇰 🇪🇸 🇵🇹
The tech team is currently composed of 10 engineers working on different parts of the stack, all code pushed to production is reviewed and approved by the CTO.
We are planning to recruit a lot in the year 2022 so you will have the occasion to join an initially small team and see it grow with the product and the company!
🏗 The product
Leadjet lets sales professionals live in the apps they use daily (first and foremost LinkedIn) while automatically capturing all interactions and storing them in the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
Concretely, it takes the form of a browser extension which modifies the LinkedIn interface by adding extra features (synchronization of contacts and associated custom fields, synchronization of conversations, export of contact lists & more). We are currently supporting Chrome, Firefox & Edge - Safari is still a bit too capricious for us.
We aim for product-led growth, user experience, and product stability.
Exciting things are coming as we are in the process of extending our current product 🤫
We are aware that efficient software developers need a lot of focus and should be able to advance on dedicated tasks without constant interruptions. We are committed to creating a work environment where people producing code are able to do it under the best possible conditions.
Focusing since the beginning on product stability, we are able to move forward very effectively as we add even more functionalities.
For every feature, we take the necessary development time so that once it is completed, we don't have to go back and make significant revisions, but rather - small optimizations. We are currently achieving this and our goal is to keep it up while growing the team!
So we don't count PRs, we don't track time, our approach is evaluating the global impact after several weeks having worked together.
When working with us, you will have the opportunity to get involved with the projects you feel most comfortable with and participate in building them as a team!
💻 The job
We are looking for a Front-end Software Engineer to grow the dev team as we strive to add new functionalities and improve stability even more as our user base is constantly expanding.
Here are example of features you will be working on:
- Implementation of a rich text editor from scratch (improvement from our Notes feature)
- Implementation of a @mention feature from scratch
- Implementation of a design system working closely with the design team
- Developing / improving standalone components integrated in LinkedIn (notifications, panels, tooltips, ...)
- Participating in the development of an entirely new product while working closely with the marketing and product teams
Here are some key-points in which the ideal candidate should identify with :
- You have deep expertise in at least one front-end area (styling, tooling, architecture, UX, …)
- You have an MsC in Software engineering or equivalent
- Ideally 5 years of coding experience
- You are able to implement new features from simple and clear specifications while making sure to keep the logic of the current code
- You are able to follow code architecture guidelines and propose ways to improve it
- You have an acute sensibility for UX and improving it motivates you
- You want to solve business-oriented issues with code and see the direct impact of your implementations on business, sales, and user experience
- You have experience with developing browser extensions
- You have experience with implementing and/or working with design systems
Here are the technologies we are currently working with:
- Typescript / Sass on the extension side (migration to React is on the way)
- Nunjucks for templating, Webpack for bundling
- Go / MongoDB / Redis on the server-side
Visit our Software Engineer Handbook for an in-depth view of the job
Remuneration according to profile. We are an early-stage startup, but are still committed to paying our contractors and employees appropriately. If you're a good fit, there is no doubt we will be able to agree on this topic.
This said, we believe a range from 45K€ to 65K€ / Year is a fair remuneration for the job.
Equity shares are open for the first employees of which you would be a part of.
- Full-remote / Half remote possible
- In terms of contract, freelance would suit us best at the moment but we are open to discuss other possibilities
💼 Recruitment process
Since we are a small team, our process is pretty straight-forward :
- Informal exchange with Pierre (Lead front-end developer) and part of the team for 30 minutes. A simple coding exercice will be given for you to complete at home (completion time: ~ 1 hour)
- Technical interview with Romain, CTO (40 minutes) where we will debrief on the test and ask follow-up questions about the challenge.
- Code quality interview with part of the tech team (40 minutes), to talk about clean code, abstractions, principles and working with the team.
We would be delighted if you contacted us directly by mail 😊
🦄 Looking for another role?
We have positions in other levels of the stack:
Get in touch with us!
Curious but not currently available? We're not in a rush and are planning for the long term. We will take the time needed to find a good fit for our team!
We strongly encourage you to contact us, even just to discuss the project informally!