Welcome! The Leadjet Graphic & Motion Designer Handbook is where you will find all information relevant for Leadjet Designers to better understand who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
This documentation is open to everyone in the team and in constant evolution. So please feel free to suggest improvements or ask questions.
- 🌏 What is Leadjet?
- 👓 Product Vision
- 🧬 Our DNA
- 🏅 Missions
- ✅ Here’re your major tasks:
- 💬 Working with the Team
- 👨🏻💻 With the Development + Product teams
- 👩🏼🎨 With the Design team
- 🦸🏼♀️ With the Marketing team
- 👩🏻🏫 With HR
- 👨🏻🎤 With the Founders
- 🎩🪄 Design tools
- ℹ️ Where to ask for help?
- 🔗 Useful Resources
- 📐 Initial Setup
🌏 What is Leadjet?
Leadjet is a connected workspace for revenue teams to capture and serve clients more efficiently. It integrates with LinkedIn and popular CRMs to deliver seamless lead data in view wherever reps prospect. Why should anyone fight through choppy workflows when they can have information come to them when they need it most? Through an on-the-fly side panel and features inside of LinkedIn, reps have a quick and easy way to add and access data about an opportunity, as well as share it across the team without losing their flow.
👓 Product Vision
- Be the go-to solution for doing sales on LinkedIn
- Design a dead-simple UI / UX which can be used by any sales teams in the world
- Set the standard for simple, safe and healthy prospecting on LinkedIn
- Not an automation tool, save time when doing customized outreach and curated profiling
- No human explanation needed for understanding & using the product
- Connecting the dots to build powerful end-to-end integrations
- Embedded intelligence to eliminate manual tasks and provide additional sales insights
- Make product accessible on different websites, not only on LinkedIn page, thanks to the side panel
🧬 Our DNA
- Keep it simple
- Continuous Learning
- Constant Improvement
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Your mission will be to create the user interface of Leadjet’s product. As well as create and manage a library of components in the design system. You will be free to suggest UI improvements of existing features. And make sure that the look and feel of the product is consistent.
We are currently finishing a full re-branding together with the global brand agency Focus Lab. After this step is complete, you will have a part in “transferring” the new brand guidelines into a new UI and update the design system and product according to the new style.
✅ Here’re your major tasks:
- Create the UI design of our product: elements inside of the LinkedIn’s interface, admin account, side panel, pop-us, user analytics website, register pages.
- Create new elements for the design system based on the re-branding, keep consistency.
- Suggest visual and interaction improvements in the product and website.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Development team, Product managers and UI designer (meetings + workshops).
- Do a small research before creating the new features, if necessary: competitor analyses and moodboard creation.
- Present and explain your design solutions.
- Promote a design-first culture in Leadjet
💬 Working with the Team
Our Team has been remote from day-1. To keep the communication open and create synergies with the team and allow the teammates to report on their progress, we have put in place the following events:
🕐 Weekly goal & achievement meeting every Monday. 🕐 Weekly Design Checkpoint meeting with the Dev team. 🕐 Design critique sessions or/and workshops with the Dev and Design teams, once per month.
As a UI designer, your interactions with the teams are outlined below.
👨🏻💻 With the Development + Product teams
You’ll be working closely with Development and Product teams to design the product’s interface. Co-founder and CTO @Romain Ginestou will assign tasks (issues) to you on Linear. You can leave comments, share corresponding Figma/other files right there. He’ll be the one taking the final decision about new features implementations.
Our Product Manager @Maged Talaat will provide you with features specifications, low fidelity mockups showing the user flow, sharing customers feedback (he knows them really well!). If you have questions about the product or our competitors, feel free to drop him a message on Slack. Tech Lead and Front-end developer @Pierre Portejoie is bringing UI solutions to life. He has an eye for pixel perfect design and will be the one you’ll pass hi-fidelity Figma mockups to. Senior Software Engineer and Front-end developer @Rafael is a master of Design system on the dev side. If you would like to add new element to the Design system or have a question or suggestion regarding it, leave a comment in Figma or Slack him! But that’s not the end of the list! :) We have more developers that you’ll meet and will collaborate later on together.
👩🏼🎨 With the Design team
You’ll be working on product’s interface together with UI designer @Albina Ranniaia. She’ll will guide you through your initial on-boarding, explain to you work processes, share all necessary design materials and will provide you design related feedback during the work if you need one. Together with Albina you’ll update Design system based on the new brand guidelines. Don’t hesitate to contact her when you have any questions or simply wanna chat about design with cup of tea/coffee :)
Graphic Designer @Marie-Lou, who just joined the company, is working with the Marketing team. She creates appealing visuals for social media, motion graphics and other marketing assets. You can say hi to Marie via video call or meet her in person in the office.
🦸🏼♀️ With the Marketing team
Head of Marketing @Laura Patricia is responsible for all Leadjet’s marketing activities. Thanks to the talented Marketing team Leadjet has collaborations with big CRMs, influencers, blog articles, catchy newsletters and so on.
Need an advise about copywriting? You can always call for help from @Veronika Belova our Digital Marketing Specialist and @undefined undefined Content and Community Manager! They know how to formulate clumsy sentences into up to the point text.
👩🏻🏫 With HR
If you have any administrative related questions you can slack to super-efficient HR @undefined undefined.
And her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
👨🏻🎤 With the Founders
Our creative genius, Co-founder and CEO of Leadjet @David Chevalier will be happy to answer questions about rebranding and company’s vision. If you’d like to learn about the complex technical side of the things, our tech genius, Co-founder and CTO of Leadjet @Romain Ginestou will be there to help.
🎩🪄 Design tools
- Figma for UI design
- FigJam for workshops
- Adobe Photoshop & illustrator to work with raster and vector graphics
- Pitch for presentations
- Freepik.com for 3D images, photos, mockups
ℹ️ Where to ask for help?
The team and founders are reachable on Slack.
Prefer direct messages to target the person you want.
You can also jump in a quick meeting if needed (see shared agenda in Google Calendar for availabilities).
🔗 Useful Resources
For information about the team, hiring, perks, culture, and more!
📐 Initial Setup
- Make sure you have received an invitation to all following services that we rely on
- Have a meeting with Romain, CTO and Co-Founder, to ask questions about the company and the product
- Have a meeting with Albina, UI designer, to have an introductions to the Figma files, processes and rebranding
- Receive your first task on Linear
- Access founder’s shared calendar
- Meet the team (informal) We recommend you to schedule 15-30 mins calls (using Google Calendar) with members of different teams to get to know your colleagues better.
- Start your first mission 🚀